(1) Jesus’ death on the cross, in Gandhi’s view, was humanity’s greatest possible expression of satyagraha: willing suffering, self-sacrifice, and non-violence on behalf of others.
(2) While hailed as a great moral leader and a transforming figure, Gandhi’s legacy is markedly different from that of Jesus.
(3) Gandhi’s morals were sometimes conflicted, even contradictory. For example when evidence of the extent of the Holocaust was uncovered, Gandhi’s suggestions seemed unreasonable.
(4) Also, Gandhi himself was not free from morally questionable behavior. This behavior was extremely controversial, even among Gandhi’s most ardent admirers. We don’t want to speak about this here.
(5) Like Jesus, Gandhi spoke out against violence (Matthew 26:52), greed (Luke 12:15), oppression (Luke 4:18), and hypocrisy (Matthew 23:28).
(6) Gandhi recognized the need for a leader to identify with people (Matthew 11:19) in order to truly change them (John 3:7).
(7) However, Gandhi did not fully embrace the spiritual importance of Jesus Christ. If he had he would not have said the words that he said as he was aging, “In the slough of despond. All about me is darkness; I am praying for light.”
(8) Jesus is the Light of the world. If he would have embraced Jesus he would have said,” I am the Light which Jesus came to give.” Why does anyone need to pray when the Light of the world, Jesus is already come.
(9) He just needs to invite Jesus and the light will be there in him.
(10) He believed in karma for salvation which focuses on each person working out his own improvement (Ephesians 2:8–9). Karma is a theological concept found in the Buddhist and Hindu religions which believes that one reaps in the next life what he sows in this one.
(11) Karma is based on the theological belief in reincarnation, while the Bible believes in resurrection. Hebrews 9:27 states, “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment…” It means that humans are only born once and only die once, and there is no endless cycle of life and death and rebirth.
(12) According to the Bible it is faith in Jesus that gives us eternal life to enter Heaven. It is faith in Jesus who paid the penalty of our sins that our sins are forgiven and we don’t have to bear the punishment anymore.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418