John 3:26 – And they came to John and said to him, Rabbi, He who was with you beyond Jordan, to whom you bore witness, behold, He baptizes, and all come to Him!
John 3:27 – And John answered and said, A man can receive nothing unless it is given to him from Heaven.
WHY DID JOHN INCLUDE ALL OF THESE VERSES?
(1) Simply for the purpose of exposing the tail of the fox. What is this tail? It is the matter of WHO will have the CROWD AND THE FOLLOWING.
(2) Today much is discussed of WHO has the greatest/biggest church or the greatest following.
(3) Today people’s attitude is, “This is one who follows ME. All of these are MY FOLLOWING/SHEEP. Why should some of them go to you? They are MINE. What we find today was also present in the time of John the Baptist.
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven. You yourselves testify of me that I said, I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before Him” (vv. 27-28).
(4) The problem was that after Jesus came upon the scene, John must leave and allow the Lord Jesus to occupy the whole scene. There should have been only ONE MAIN FIGURE, not two.
(5) John said, “He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices with joy because of the bridegroom’s voice. This joy of mine therefore is made full. He must increase, but I must decrease” (vv. 29-30).
(6) WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR CHRIST TO INCREASE AND FOR YOU TO DECREASE?
It means that you must withdraw from the scene and from having the following (members) and allow Christ to be the only figure on the scene and to have ALL the following. All the following should go to Christ; none of it should go to John the Baptist or to anyone else. Since John did not make this matter clear to his disciples, they were jealous on his behalf.
(7) Today many work for their OWN PASTOR by drawing other church members to their pastor or his congregation. If you are bringing in the new, there is no problem. If one does not get this message, they will work with jealousy for their own pastor. The same happened to John’s own disciples. They were jealous that many were going to Jesus.
(8) The pastor’s must make it clear otherwise they would be the cause of people inviting jealousy, competition spirit in their inner beings. This let’s the devil to play in their lives. The pastor/ leaders is the caretaker of their souls.
(9) When John’s disciples saw that all the people went to Jesus, they were UNHAPPY. They seemed to say, “Why do these people not follow OUR teacher, but they go to Jesus?”
(10) Do you see the point? If John had withdrawn from the scene, there would have been no problem. If he had told all of his disciples to go to the Lord Jesus, no longer accepting a following for himself, there would have been no difficulty.
(11) However, in answering his disciples John made the matter clear to them that he was not the Christ, or the bridegroom who came for the bride; he was only the FRIEND of the bridegroom. He told them clearly that Christ was the bridegroom who came for the bride. People should not follow him; they should follow Christ so that He might have His bride.
FROM THIS STUDY, WE SEE THAT THE PASTORS OR THE LEADERS WHOM GOD HAS APPOINTED ARE:
(1) To point the regenerated ones to Jesus
(2) The flock belongs to Jesus
(3) The flock is the Bride they belong to the Bridegroom
(4) The church to whom you are the leader are the bride of Christ
(5) Every congregation is the bride of Christ and they all belong to the Bridegroom.
(6) It’s the bridegroom that gets the bride, yet the bridegrooms friend (pastors) are the friend of the bridegroom and they rejoice. Their one desire is that the bride (Church) have the full view of the Bridegroom (Jesus).
(7) The bridegroom must increase and the friend (leader’s/ pastor’s) must decrease. Why? So that the Bride looks at the Bridegroom and falls in love with Him not with the bridegroom’s friend.
(8) The Bridegroom must become greater, more important and increase and I (Pastor’s or leader’s) must become less greater, less important and decrease.
(9) I (pastors) must see they (the Bride) loves the Bridegroom. We must not replace Him. The Bridegroom has a holy jealousy for the Bride.
(10) The Bridegroom is the One who suffered, took all the suffering and gave His life for the bride and Our Father has GIVEN the Bride to the Bridegroom.
(11) If church members are not made aware of this, they will follow the FRIENDS (Pastors or leaders) of the bride groom instead of following the Bridegroom.
YOU are the BRIDE and JESUS is your BRIDEGROOM. Your first attraction is to HIM. Do not give this place to anyone.
HOLY SPIRIT: The plan of Our Father is that there be ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN, ONE HUSBAND and ONE WIFE, in the marriage relationship. Our Father will follow His plan in the marriage between Christ Your Lord and His Church. Christ Your Lord will be the ONE BRIDEGROOM, and His Church will be the ONE BRIDE.
To be continued…
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418