I am writing this for the knowledge of Christians who do not know how to answer the critics and others.
(1) The critics think they know the Bible but they do not know and cannot know. The Bible understanding of some of the complex matters is ONLY for the mature. The Bible has three kinds of knowledge/understanding:
- For the new (spiritually dead; physically alive)
- For the babies (milk which is baby food)
- For the Mature (meat for the mature)
(2) Critics come in the category of new and spiritually dead. The complex matters are ONLY for those who have spiritual life and have grown up from childhood to adulthood. God will not and cannot open your eyes to this spiritual book unless you believe in Jesus. The Bible is a treasure Book for His children, while others can also partake of the treasure of blessings, unless they first believe that Jesus is Savior and Lord. When you criticize the Written Word of God, you criticize Jesus who is the Living Word and why will God make you understand His Word.
(3) The Bible is a Holy Book from Heaven Given By Our Father for all mankind.
(4) Those who do not believe in Jesus cannot and will not understand the Bible which is a spiritual book which needs revelation from Holy Spirit. It’s not for a spiritually dead and spiritually blind man. Imagine teaching a blind man about a particular color.
THIS IS FOR THE INFORMATION OF EVERYONE
(1) There are thirty-nine books in the Old Testament and twenty-six books in the New Testament that make up the Bible. Holy Spirit led Christians living centuries before you to know which books to include in the Bible.
(2) These are termed as the CANON of Scripture and refer to these books that were written under Holy Spirit’s inspiration. So there are a total number 66 Books in the Bible.
(3) WHAT ABOUT OTHER WRITINGS?
There are other writings that were written between the Old Testament writings and the New Testament writings known as the apocrypha books.
(4) What are the Apocrypha books?
Roman Catholic Bibles have several more books in the Old Testament than Protestant Bibles. These books are referred to as the Apocrypha books. The word apocrypha means “hidden/secret.” The Roman Catholic Church officially added the Apocrypha to their Bible at the Council of Trent in the mid 1500’s A.D. The Apocrypha teachings support some of the things that the Roman Catholic Church believes and practices WHICH ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH THE BIBLE.
Examples are praying for the dead, petitioning “saints” in Heaven for their prayers, worshipping angels, atoning for their sins etc.
(5) The New Testament quotes from the Old Testament hundreds of times, but nowhere quotes to any of the Apocryphal books. Neither Jesus Christ, nor any of the New Testament writers, ever quoted from the Apocrypha.
(6) These books have some facts of history and some truths in them, but do not have the same inspiration as the books of the Bible. The sixty-six books of the Bible are the only books that will ever be the inspired books of the canon.
(7) Are there lost books of the bible or books missing from the Bible?
There are no “lost books” of the Bible, or books that were taken out of the Bible, or books missing from the Bible. Every book that God intended and inspired to be in the Bible is in the Bible.
There are literally hundreds of religious books that were written in the same time period as the books of the Bible. Some of these books contain true accounts of things that actually occurred. However, these books are not inspired by God. There is ONE God. The Bible has ONE Creator. It is ONE BOOK.
THERE ARE BOOKS LIKE:
- The Gospel of Judas
- The Book of Enoch
- The Gospel of Thomas
- The Gospel of Philip
- The Apocrypha
- The Epistle of Barnabas
- The Gospel of Mary (Magdalene)
- The Gospel of Barnabas
Some of them are not even written by the authors. These books though may give us some understanding but these books are not inspired by God and so are fallible and is not a part of the bible. If you read these books, you have to treat them as interesting but fallible historical documents, not as the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
The real problem due to which critics criticize is because of Some Roman Catholics who have added to the Bible and some Protestants who have also included some other Books in the Bible.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418