(1) The Bible speaks of salvation as a GIFT FROM GOD, it emphasizes the fact that salvation is something given freely by Him rather than something we earn.
(2) The word salvation comes from the Greek word soteria, which means “deliverance, preservation and safety.” It primarily involves deliverance from the bondage of sin (Galatians 5:1), but also includes deliverance from enemies (Luke 1:71) and from sickness and disease (Isaiah 53:4 Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).
(3) Salvation is a gift made available to those who repent, believe and confess their belief that Jesus is Lord and that He died and rose from the dead to save mankind (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10). The gift cannot be earned through good deeds or by simply being a “good person” (Ephesians 2:8-9). It is a matter of faith (acting out on what you believe according to God’s Word concerning salvation). Furthermore, salvation involves a process that will not only guarantee you entrance into heaven, but will also position you to experience a complete life on earth.
(4) Ephesians 2:8-9 contrasts salvation as a gift from God with human efforts when it teaches, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
(5) In Ephesians 5:15, the free gift of salvation is contrasted with human sin. Our own efforts cannot earn us God’s gift of salvation. It is given only by faith in His Son Jesus Christ.
(6) How is salvation a gift? First, it cannot be earned. It is received by faith. Second, the result of salvation is wonderful—eternal life! John 3:16 promises, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” Romans 6:23 adds, “the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
(7) Many religious traditions claim you can go to heaven if you believe and do certain good deeds or works to help in the process. This is not the message Jesus offers. While those who follow Jesus will seek to live according to His ways, salvation is not based on anything we do, but is accepted by faith alone based on God’s grace. Apart from Christ we are dead (Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13); we cannot save ourselves. But by His grace, we can receive the gift of life (John 10:10).
(8) Have you accepted the free gift of salvation offered by Jesus Christ? If you are uncertain, you can accept it right now. There is no special prayer you must pray to do so. All you must do is “confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, [and] you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). The following is a prayer you might use to tell God you are ready to accept His gift and trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior:
“Dear God, I realize I am a sinner and could never reach heaven by my own good deeds. Salvation is a gift that only you can give. So right now I place my faith in Jesus Christ as God’s Son who died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me of my sins and help me to live for you. Thank you for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”
If you said this prayer from your heart you have eternal life which made you a citizen of Heaven. When you leave this world you will go to heaven.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418