(1) God has set a race before us and the race demands spiritual fitness. This ordained race begins from the time you become a born again Christian. This is the race of life people which means those who have the life of God. These are Christians. Christianity is not a religion but Life.
(2) The great cloud of witnesses are the part of the church that is gone ahead into the glory land and are watching us run the race.
(3) Hebrew 12:1, 2, 7 exhorts all those who profess faith in Jesus Christ, the “author and perfecter of our faith” to do two things:
(a) First, we are to remove or put off any burden that keeps us from Christ-likeness, especially sin because sin ensnares us and keeps us in bondage to itself. let go off all bitterness, hate anger, jealousy, pride, offences and anything that are spiritual weights. No athlete carries weight while running but sees that he is light.
(b) Second, we are to persevere, patiently enduring all things until we grow and mature in the faith. James reminds us that trials serve to strengthen our faith and bring us to maturity (James 1:2-3). Hebrews 12:1 is reminding us to persevere through those trials, knowing that, by God’s faithfulness, we won’t be overwhelmed by them (1 Corinthians 10:13).
(4) Run the race as if to win the race. This does not mean that we have to have spiritual competition or compete with one another. No. We must do our best to live the Christian life as long as we are in this physical body and physical world.
(5) The track is already set by God the course is chalked out by God. We must develop spiritual fitness to keep running. Many have quit the race and are just lying on the spiritual track without doing anything.
(6) As the runner on this earth gets the earthly perishable crown, Christians will get the spiritual imperishable crown when they leave this physical body and physical world. That is the time you will have finished the race, kept the faith. He further also said, Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever” (1 Corinthians 9:24-25).
(7) Apostle Paul said at the end of the spiritual race – “I have finished the race” The apostle wrote these words near the end of his life. He said three statements at the end of his life – “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
(8) Paul’s exhortation is that believers should be as focused and dedicated as those ancient runners in the games. Our motivation in serving Christ is much higher; we “run” not for a temporary crown, but for an eternal one.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418