“…..that Christ DIED for OUR SINS in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was BURIED, that He was RAISED on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
(1) Of first importance” is that “Christ died for our sins. Why?
(2) Because, if HE (JESUS) died for them, WE will not die for them, if WE BELIEVE. Alleluia! That would be double jeopardy.
- JESUS was punished that WE might be forgiven
- JESUS was wounded that WE might be healed
- JESUS was made sin with our sinfulness, that WE might be made righteous with His righteousness
- JESUS tasted death for us that WE might share His life
- JESUS was made a curse that WE might receive the blessing
- JESUS endured our poverty that WE might share His abundance
- JESUS bore our shame that WE might share His glory
- JESUS endured our rejection that WE might have His acceptance with the Father
- JESUS was cut off that WE might be joined to the Lord
Our Old Man was put to death in Him that the New Man might come to life in us. Who is that WE?
Anyone can BELIEVE and ENTER into His blessings. It’s free GIFT from God for ALL those who believe. God is not selling any of Heaven’s blessing! Religions sells blessings, but God by His grace gives us FREE to all those who KNOW and BELIEVE!!
That was the reason He came that my condemnation under the wrath of God (John 3:36) would be endured by Jesus when he died on the cross (Romans 8:3).
(3) The person who is united to Christ by faith in him “does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life” (John 5:24).
(4) That’s why Paul said, “There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). No condemnation because Christ bore the condemnation. No wrath because Christ bore the wrath.
(5) It is one of the great truths of the Bible that Jesus died for man’s sins, not for His own. Jesus was totally sinless (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, and 1 Peter 2:22). This is one of the major differences between Christianity and the religions of the world. No other religious leaders have ever claimed to be sinless; therefore, no other religious leaders are even in the same class with Jesus.
(6) Also, no other religious leaders have ever given their lives in sacrifice to atone for the sins of others. It wouldn’t have done any good if they had. Since the religious leaders were and are sinners themselves, their lives aren’t worth any more than any other sinner. However, since Jesus was the sinless Son of God, His life was worth more than all of humanity of all ages.
(7) Jesus was born without sin, lived without sin and died without sin, but BECAME SIN for US. The Bible says: Jesus KNEW no sin;Jesus DID NO sin; In Jesus there was NO SIN
(8) The sinless Son of God giving His pure life for mankind is truly one of the unique aspects of the Gospel.
(9) Every detail of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection was already prophesied in Scripture before it happened. Paul didn’t just report historical facts to the Corinthians; he shared how all the events of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection had fulfilled Scripture. God’s Word is the ultimate authority, and only through His Word can people receive faith (Romans 10:17) to be born again (1 Peter 1:23). Believers must preach the Word, not experiences. Experiences are only useful to illustrate that God’s Word is true.
(10) The resurrection of Jesus sets Christianity completely apart from every other religion of the world (see note 8 at 1 Corinthians 15:3). The founders of every other religion have died and are still buried (see note 3 at Mark 16:6), but Jesus is alive from the dead. His tomb is empty.
There have been countless religious leaders who claimed to show the way to God, but where’s their proof that they were right? Jesus provided us with the ultimate verification of His authority: HE AROSE FROM THE DEAD.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418