They want to become gods on earth rather worship the God of Heaven.
(1) The Bible message is not just for EARTHLY LIFE or Earthly Living. Many come to God and the Bible expecting earthly blessings before they think of Heaven and Heavenly blessings.
(2) As we know the people of the world don’t have the life of Heaven so their focus or goal is earthly. They want to be the greatest on earth, the most popular one who gets the most applause, they run for riches, name and fame.
(3) They may even approach God for earthly blessings. As we see, most of the artists, politicians visit God for their earthly goals and accomplishments. They will seldom ask for Heavenly life, Heavenly goal, Heavenly plans or purposes.
(4) After sin entered mankind, man’s goal is just earthly. They think to become the biggest on earth or rich on earth is God’s ultimate goal for mankind. But the Bible says, what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul. Yes, he may win the world, but he will not be there to enjoy the world.
(5) Earthly riches does not prove our spiritual status. Some have given away their earthly wealth for Heavenly and eternal wealth. Material prosperity does not prove our spiritual prosperity.
(6) God wants that you prosper in proportion to your spiritual prosperity not the other way round (3 John 2). We want material prosperity first, before we seek for Heavenly prosperity. No one will have a desire to seek Heavenly prosperity once he has achieved material prosperity. Material prosperity has the quality of giving us greed, which can never satisfy us, but will draw us away from true Heavenly living.
(7) There is danger in having the wealth of this earth without having true spiritual prosperity first. Many times those who have money look down on others. They think they are superior to others, who are not materially rich with the things of the world and look at them as inferior.
(8) God is not against us having money, but He doesn’t want money to have us. He doesn’t want money to master you, but you, to master money. But, this is not possible unless we give priority to spiritual things.
(9) God loves us so much that He doesn’t want us to drown in the earthly wealth and lose Heaven and Heavenly wealth. He cannot afford us losing our family relationship for which He gave His life to save us.
(10) When you have the quality of giving, God trusts you and He gives you more. A giver can be trusted more than he that hoards. The hoarders show the love for money more than the love for God so they won’t give up money. God does not want our attachment towards money more greater than the attachment with Him.
(11) That is why He told the rich young ruler – Give away everything you have and follow me and you will have riches in Heaven. He does not tell this to everyone, but He surely tells all those who have a greater attachment to earthly wealth than the true and eternal Heavenly wealth. You cannot serve two Gods – Money and God. You can have only one Master.
(12) The real measure of our wealth is how much we would be worth if we lost all our money. Earthly riches or the lack of them has nothing to do with real wealth. The only treasure that matters is the treasure you lay up in Heaven.
(13) Jesus taught, “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Matthew 6:19-21). That is a mandate, not a recommendation. Invest in eternity!
(14) Statistics indicate the more money you have the more likely you are to commit suicide; life expectancy decreases as income increases. Money adds to stress, and that in turn takes years off your life. One study shows that wealth also intensifies moral decline and family disintegration. Marital infidelity and divorce rates rise with income levels. Obviously, money cannot buy happiness.
(15) The apostle Paul was on target when he wrote, “Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang” (1 Timothy 6:9-10).
(16) Some preachers speak so much on money only and the reason for this is that they feel convicted and want to justify that being rich is a must or it proves spiritual prosperity. In fact many are hurt because they do not have the wealth of this earth and they feel discouraged to walk this Christian life thinking that if they didn’t have money it shows lack of faith. That is what some ministers have made the congregation to understand.
(17) Let me say this – You don’t have to boast about your money and if you have, do not criticize or look down on fellow- believers who do not have. Do not become a stumbling block for the weaker member of God’s family. Give a balanced message on material wealth and encourage one another to run the race with minimum things of this world, so that your heart is free from material wealth and all the temptations that it brings.
(18) This is one of the reasons many Christians are unhappy and they think the lack is due to their lack of faith. Then the devil tempts them to gain wealth in a wrong way to prove that they too have faith. Who is responsible for all this? Mostly some of the preachers who show that earthly wealth is the real proof of spiritual prosperity.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418