(1) In John 16 Jesus said I am going to Our Father by the way of the cross. I know you are sorrowful, nevertheless I tell you the truth. IT IS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
(2) NEVERTHELESS. This is one of the great words of the Bible, nevertheless. It means, “despite all of that.” Yes, Jesus knew they were filled with sorrow because of what He has told them. But, Despite All Of That He wanted them to know that it was TO THEIR ADVANTAGE.
(3) But notice what Jesus says here – it isn’t for HIS ADVANTAGE, but He tells His disciples, it is to YOUR advantage that I go away.
(4) All that happened to him was for our advantage. His arrest was for our advantage. That is why when the soldiers caught Jesus and Peter cut off one of their ears, Jesus healed that man and allowed Him to be arrested for our advantage. He did not run away when He knew that His time was up according to the timing of our Father that He must face death for every man.
(5) Jesus was whipped for our advantage, that we might receive healing in our bodies. He was nailed for our advantage.
(6) Jesus did not come to make our life worse. He is come to be a blessing in this life and the life to come. Let us not think that Jesus came to set up any religion. He came for our advantage, for our benefit, for our eternal good, our eternal profit (good, expedient, advantageous). It is for your benefit that I go away, He said.
(7) When the disciples heard that he was going the way of death they became sorrowful, but He encouraged them telling them that though they may not understand at that time, but one day when Holy Spirit comes, He will teach them all things.
(8) My dearly beloved, Jesus came for your advantage. He came for your benefit. Jesus is a blessing for mankind. All were born on this earth without their own choice. Only Jesus came from above that is from Heaven, not for Himself, but for us. All that is born of this earth is earthly, only Jesus is Heavenly.
(9) He is the only One who came not for Himself but for us. His going was His decision which is by the way of death to pay for the sins of the world. So that all those who believe in Him may have God’s Life.
(10) No one can go to heaven without this life and no one has this Heaven life except Jesus who came from Heaven.
(11) Jesus chose to give this eternal life free to everyone who believes.
(12) Do you believe that Jesus is your Savior and Lord. If you believe you will have eternal life; the Life of God in you. And your name will be written in the Book of Life in Heaven. When you leave this world you will be in heaven forever. Do miss heaven, for if you miss Heaven you will never miss hell for these are the only two destinies man enters after he leaves this temporary Planet Earth.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418