Do not make yourself a LAUGHING STOCK! Cemetery is a place where the person’s body is buried, BUT THE PERSON IS NOT THERE. Breaking the cemeteries by some people can do no harm to the person, for he is not there at all.
(1) Cemeteries have long been viewed as spooky, mostly due to the mysterious nature of death.
(2) Graveyards and tombs have provided the setting for countless tales of ghosts, devils, and crimes, leading many to fear cemeteries as haunted places filled with danger.
(3) The subject of death is uncomfortable for most people, but the Christian should have a different perspective about death and about going into a cemetery. Death is a GAIN for a Christian for he/she is ushered into Our Father’s Homeland.
(4) The souls/spirits of those buried bodies have already been transported to their spiritual destinations (Luke 16:22).
(5) There are only two possible places those departed souls/spirits could be.
- For those who have the Life of Christ which is eternal Life is to live in Heaven – “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8). The souls/spirits of buried believers are with Jesus.
- For those who do not have Eternal Life are in “a place of torments” (Luke 16:28).
(6) No one’s spirit is allowed to float freely around a graveyard on its own.
(7) Hebrews 9:27 says, “It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment.” There is no possibility of departed spirits “haunting” the cemetery. The only real and present danger is the possibility of tripping over a headstone and scraping your knee.
(8) WHAT ABOUT DEMONS IN CEMETERIES?
- Some who understand that souls of the deceased are not present at cemeteries may instead fear the presence of the demonic as Matthew 8:28-34 and Mark 5:1-20 mention a demon-possessed man who lived in the tombs.
- They lived there because the man lived among the tombs (although driven by the demons). Demons want to use humans or living physical bodies as vehicles to bring evil in this world. Further, Christians have nothing to fear from the demonic (1 John 4:4).
- ARE THERE DEMONS IN CEMETERIES? I asked this question to Holy Spirit and I will post this answer on my Facebook page shortly.
(9) Cemetery is a place where the person’s body is buried, BUT THE PERSON IS NOT THERE. Breaking the cemeteries by some people can do no harm to the person for he is not there at all.
(10) The Christian who knows the Word of God may laugh at those who think of hurting Christians by breaking their cemeteries. A cemetery is only a plot of ground set aside to bury the dead body not the soul/spirit of that person.
(11) IS THERE AN AFTERLIFE?
(a) When a person dies, there are two possible destinations to which he or she may go: Heaven or Hell.
(b) Yes, there is an afterlife, for God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. It means two things:
- Jesus is the One who gives eternal life which is the real Life of God to live in Heaven and
- Jesus is going to raise up everyone – believers and unbelievers to face judgment.
(c) Believers will be judged for rewards and unbelievers will be judged for their rejection of the Messiah and the evil deeds will follow based on which, they will be punished in the torments of Hell.
(d) Jesus spoke authoritatively about the two different destinies that await in the afterlife. In the account of the rich man and Lazarus, Jesus says, “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side (Paradise). The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades (Hell), where he was in torments…..” (Luke 16:22-23). Note, there is no intermediate state for those who die; they go directly to their eternal destiny. There is no purgatory or a halting place.
WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU DIE?
The Bible is absolutely clear that, ultimately, there are only two options for where you go when you die: Heaven or hell. The Bible also makes it abundantly clear that you can determine where you go when you die.
(1) FIRST, THE PROBLEM. We have all sinned. (Romans 3:23). We have all done things that are wrong, evil, or immoral (Ecclesiastes 7:20). Our sin separates us from God, and, if left unresolved, our sin will result in us being eternally separated from God (Matthew 25:46; Romans 6:23 a). This eternal separation from God is hell, described in the Bible as an eternal lake of fire (Revelation 20:14-15).
(2) NOW, THE SOLUTION. God became a human being in the person of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, 14; 8:58; 10:30). He lived a sinless life (1 Peter 3:22; 1 John 3:5) and willingly sacrificed His life on our behalf (1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 1:18-19). His death paid the penalty for our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). God now offers us salvation and forgiveness as a gift (Romans 6:23 b) that we must receive by faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8–9). “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). Trust in Jesus alone as your Savior, relying on His sacrifice alone as the payment for your sins, and, according to the Word of God, you are promised eternal life in heaven.
(3) WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU DIE?
It is up to you. God offers you the choice. God invites you to come to Him. It is your call. God sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world. He has already paid the penalty of our sins that we enjoyed. But because of His great love for us, He took the penalty part, the pain part, the suffering part, the judgment of death part upon Himself, so that by His resurrection He could give life to those who believe (not perform or do).
(4) WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU DIE?
Heaven or hell. Through Jesus Christ, hell is avoidable. Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, and Heaven will be your eternal destination. Make any other decision, and eternal separation from God in hell will be the result (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
(5) If you now understand the two possibilities of where do you go when you die, and you want to trust Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, make sure you understand and believe the following, and as an act of faith, communicate the following to God:
“God, I know that I am a sinner, and I know that because of my sin I deserve to be eternally separated from you. Even though I do not deserve it, thank you for loving me and providing the sacrifice for my sins through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and I trust in Him alone to save me. From this point forward, help me to live my life for you instead of for sin. Help me to live the rest of my life in gratitude for the wonderful salvation you have provided. Thank you, Jesus, for saving me!”
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418