Someone said that Bill Gates is doing charity works to go to Heaven. Here is my response.
(1) Bill Gates is not helping or giving as a bribe to go to heaven. Good works does not take anyone to Heaven according to the Bible. It’s Religion that says so, not the Bible.
(2) Religion is doing good works to be saved, but the Bible offers salvation as – a free gift which gives him a new heart. Because of the new heart he does good works.
(3) Ephesians 2:8 – For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
(4) We are saved by grace which means that the BASIS of our salvation is grace – that is, God’s undeserved, unmerited favor toward us as expressed in providing salvation through Christ Jesus.
(6) If it’s by grace, then:
- It is not of ourselves
- It is a gift
- It is not of works or human effort and
- It excludes man’s boasting
Ephesians 2:9 – Not of works, lest anyone should boast.
(7) No one deserves salvation. It cannot be earned by what the Bible calls “dead works.” Dead works include all religious activities, good deeds, and/or charity that one may do as a means of being justified before God. Faith toward God and what He has done through Christ Jesus is the only means of receiving His free gift of salvation.
(8) Good works flow from a good heart. Good works is a fruit of a good tree. You don’t do good works TO BE saved but BECAUSE you are saved. For e.g.: A dog barks not to BECOME a dog but BECAUSE he is a dog.
(9) Good works have their place in the life of the Christian. Salvation is not one of them. Salvation is by faith in Jesus alone and His works, not our faith in our works.
(10) Salvation does come by grace received through faith. It is “not by works, so that no one can boast.” We do not earn our salvation through anything we do. Clearly, salvation does not come from good works.
(11) But this does not mean that good works don’t matter or are unrelated to salvation, but salvation and good works are closely connected. Good works do not EARN salvation, but they do FOLLOW salvation. To put it differently, we are not saved BY good works, but FOR good works.
(12) Ephesians 2:10 – For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
There is a vast difference between being saved BY good works and being saved UNTO good works, as stated here. Good works do not gain us salvation, but they do affirm that salvation has been received into our lives. Good works cannot produce a new nature, but a new nature should produce good works.
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418