(1) Salvation is found in Christ. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
(2) God gave His Son so that we may have eternal life, thus destroying our need to perform good works, including going to church, to go to heaven. Eternal life is attained by faith alone in Christ alone. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12). Those who believe in Christ, who have accepted His sacrifice in payment of their sins, will spend eternity in heaven. Those who reject Him will not.
(3) No amount of church attendance will earn eternity in heaven. No lack of church attendance will result in the loss of salvation. However, church attendance is important. The universal Church, made up of all who believe in Christ to the glory of God the Father, is Christ’s body (Colossians 1:18) as well as His Bride (Revelation 21:2). A church is a place of Christian fellowship.
(4) In addition, as members of the body of Christ, we possess certain gifts of the Spirit, and we are to exercise those gifts for the glory of God and the edification of the rest of the body. For a church body to function properly, all of its “body parts” need to be present (1 Corinthians 12:14-20).
(5) Christians have been made “new creations” in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) and have a desire to attend church because they recognize that doing so is crucial to their spiritual development and maturity. Reluctance toward church attendance may indicate a lack of spiritual growth or a disillusionment with “organized religion.”
(6) There are indeed false churches today, and there’s no perfect church, but there are local bodies of believers in most communities. The true, universal Church is modeled in congregations whose doctrines are Scripture-based, who honor Christ in all things, who worship God together, and who minister to each other. Although church attendance will not guarantee eternal life, finding a good local church is crucial for Christians.
(7) Holy Spirit will lead you to the church you need to attend and be faithful there by not only receiving but also giving your ministry to others. For God has given different talents to be used in the Body of Christ. You must not only go to get blessed but also go to be a blessing to your Pastor and others.
(8) Maybe there are problems or someone offends or hurts you, but still you must remain in that church. First Peter 1:7 says He will use trials to test our faith and to make us stronger Christians; we will be given much honor if we can stand strong and not waver. “Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news – the Good News about Christ” (Romans 10:17).
(9) Without the testing of your faith you will never know whether your faith is genuine. Some born against Christians run away because of some offenses in their local church. That is wrong. You cannot grow unless you learn to forgive those who hurt you or offend you.
(10) Did you ever hear that Saul was excited to go to the house of God. No. But look at King David a man who was a success in God’s eyes boldly say, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
Will you go joyfully, like the man of God, David, to the house of the Lord today? Are you going to say to the Lord like the Psalmist did: “in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore?”
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418