(1) God wants Christians to run the race. This race is a race of spirit Life people, not the natural life people.
(2) Yes they too are running the race to be the greatest in the natural physical world. Their focus is earthly. They are running for fame, money, power, recognition which is all temporal and they will also receive a crown of natural life which is perishable. This is a run for self – self exaltation, self-excellence, self-recognition, self-power, self-applause, self-gain, self-love, self -lifting up.
(3) Christians too are running the race, but this is spiritual and your focus is heavenly. Your focus is Jesus Christ who is our life. We are not running for our self, but For Jesus who gave His life for us that we may be saved and go to heaven.
(4) Christians don’t run for earthly recognition or our earthly reward, but for Heaven and we will receive our reward after we finish this race where God will present an imperishable crown. So patiently run the race without looking for earthly recognition but for heavenly recognition.
(5) Do not lose the sight of Heaven and be led astray for worldly possessions or recognition for all these will fade away. Satan is trying his best to draw away Christians into the similar race that the people of the world are running for. Their goal is different and a Christians goal is different. Our goal is heaven not earth for we are living as pilgrims and strangers in a strange land. After we finish our course that God has set for us, we will have to move to heaven either by the way of death (separation) or by the way of the rapture, where Jesus the King of kings will come to receive us to the heavenly abode forever.
(6) So, let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1). Holy Spirit inspired Apostle Paul to encourage and challenge believers to persevere in their faith, especially in the midst of trials and persecution (2 Timothy 2:15; Hebrews 10:36; 12:7).
(7) This race is the Christian life as a born again Christian. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and we are called to stay the course and remain faithful to the end. Paul used this same imagery near the end of his life: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
(8) A marathon is a strenuous test of fitness and endurance. The race set before us requires faith, stamina, commitment, and discipline in order to live faithfully (1 Corinthians 9:25–26; Philippians 3:12–14; 1 Timothy 6:12).
(9) The race is “set before us”; we did not select the course, for it is God who established it. This race we run for Christ. We stay the course in spite of trials and persecutions (Hebrews 12:4–11). As we run, we must “fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2). Because He perfectly finished His race, He is the focus of our lives. We look away from all distractions because He is already at the finish line
(10) The race demands that we do away with “everything that hinders”—sin and whatever else threatens our relationship with God (Hebrews 12:1). Anything that will slow us down or trip up us must be cast off. The apostle Paul says “to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:22–24). With the encouragement of those who have gone on before, we rid ourselves of thoughts, attitudes, and habits that impede our progress (Romans 12:2; Titus 3:3; 1 Peter 1:14).
When you donate to this ministry, you are changing lives through the messages that Pastor Paul Silway is sharing free on different platforms. God will surely bless you! We appreciate your help and generosity. I pray a special blessing over all who give for this ministry.
DONATIONS FROM INDIA (For Ministry)
A/c No: 913010036443101
MICR Code: 411211022
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD (For Ministry)
BANK OF INDIA
A/c No: 050710210000006
Swift Code: BKIDINBBPMP
LOVE OFFERING (For Pastor)
A/c Name: Paul David Silway
Savings A/c No: 00990100243418